Leo - Mia Sheridan

What’s This Book About?

Evie and Leo met in foster care as children and formed a bond of friendship. As they grew, their bond turned to love, and they vowed to make a life together when they turned 18 and were no longer a part of the system.
When Leo unexpectedly gets adopted as a teen and moves to another city, he promises Evie that he will contact her as soon as he gets there and come back for her in a few short years. She never hears from him again.
Now eight years later, in spite of the odds, Evie has made a life for herself. She has a job. She has friends. She's content. Then a man shows up out of the blue, claiming that her long lost love, Leo, sent him to check up on her. The attraction between them is undeniable. But, should she trust this sexy stranger? Or is he keeping a secret about what his connection to Leo is really all about and why Leo disappeared all those years ago?

My Thoughts?

I wasn’t really sure what to expect when I began reading Leo. I read & Loved Archer’s Voice. I mean REALLY Loved it, but that’s a story for another time. I have to say that this book definitely did not disappoint me. Mia Sheridan has once again delivered an amazingly emotional story that has me yearning for more. I thoroughly enjoyed this book! Leo & Evie were adorable. Their story was perfectly imperfect. I loved the relationship that they had. It really was so sweet! Now, I’m going to have to read Leo’s POV! I loved Evie. Seriously. She is one of my favorite leading ladies -that I have read this year. She wasn’t spoiled. She didn’t act selfish. She was loving & forgiving. She appreciated the smaller things in life. She worked hard for what she had & never took anything for granted. I loved that! Leo is a little bit hard to explain. He went through some hard times. He made some mistakes. Some BIG mistakes. But… I loved him despite them. He loved Evie as much as she loved him. His love for Evie is what ultimately led him to those mistakes I was talking about. He was her best friend. Her fierce protector. & The love of her life. There were a lot of things that I found admirable about Leo. He was very loving, funny -he could always make Evie laugh, he always took care of her & put her first. Those things should never be underappreciated. The story itself was amazing. The development of the story was great. I loved the flashbacks! I thought that the secondary characters were pretty great as well. I loved Evie’s friends (or family). There was one thing that bothered me though. & That was what Leo did. His “mistake.” How he did it. When he did it. What he did because of it. The whole thing just bugged me. Don’t get me wrong… I still love him, but he kind of sucked a little bit for that. Of course this really wasn’t a big deal. It wasn’t over the top unforgivable or anything. It was just a sucky mistake. It absolutely did not take away from the story at all. This book really did amaze me. I loved it! Mia Sheridan is an excellent writer. I love her style. Her stories (the ones that I have read) have just been wonderful. I have a feeling that Evie & Leo will stay with me for a while to come.

Favorite Quotes:

*“I will prove to you that forever is not just a word, not just a measurement of unending time, but that forever is a place where I will treasure your heart.”*

*"I'm going to kiss you now Evie, and when I do, it's going to mean that you're mine. I don't care how far away from each other we are. You. Are. Mine. I'll wait for you. And I want you to wait for me. Promise me you won't let anyone else touch you. Promise me you'll save yourself for me.”*

*“Maybe I'm an open book, or maybe love is like a magnifying glass straight into the souls of those who own your heart.”*

*“Your boy part is like the Incredible Hulk." He raises an eyebrow. "Boy part?" I nod. "Is he angry?" "Not yet. But if you keep referring to him as a 'boy part,' he ­­­­­­could get there. He's all man. You don't want to see him get angry."*

*“Why are you looking at me? His eyes search mine for several long seconds before he holds contact and whispers, "Because I like your face.”*

(show spoiler)